Tuesday, January 23, 2018

review of Protecting Ariana by Lynne St. James

Protecting Ariana (Beyond Valor #8)Protecting Ariana by Lynne St. James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this book as an ARC via Book Funnel and this is my HONEST review...

My first thoughts on this book was that it felt short- well duh! It's a novella! Mr. Darcy stole the show! He was practically in every scene and the way he was written made me laugh, I mean really laugh! True to form, Ms. St James descriptive writing is present in this book as well as others, making you feel as if you a fly on the wall watching the scenes unfold and events take place.

It's not that the story totally felt unfinished (it is a novella after all and only so much can fit in the pages of a novella), it feels as if the author intends to write more about several characters because she leaves many open endings, even with our main characters- hence my 4 star rating. Do I recommend this book? Yes.
Please note that there is NO sex in this book and the heat level is set to one on this book. There is plenty of intrigue though.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chasing Fire

CHASING FIRE, An I-Team/Colorado High Country Crossover Novel is out! When a raging wildfire threatens to burn Scarlet Springs to the gro...