Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Review- Army Brat by Lisa Wilde

Army BratArmy Brat by Lisa Wilde
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 stars...I wish I could give this book more because it just speaks volumes as to what gay men and women in the military goes through.
"Army Brat" is the first book that I have read by author Lisa Wilde and I can say with all honestly, I hope that there will be a sequel to this book. This is a m/m romance.

The main Characters Truman "Tru" and Jordan are no different from anyone else other than the fact that they are two men that have that instant spark or attraction. This book was so well written, it shows the real and true struggle for our two lead characters as they try to come to terms with their emotions. Ms. Wilde has written a love story between two men without it being trashy or all wrapped up in erotic sex. There is a REAL story here. You can feel Jordan's anguish practically leap off of the page as he deals with his denial about falling in love with Tru,the base commanders kid. Love, real honest to goodness this is "The One" kind of love- it's an overwhelming emotion, one he's not ready to come to terms with. Tru is something else...I loved everything about this guy! He's so innocent and yet he knows what he wants. I honestly cried in a few parts of this book. I hope that Ms. Wilde writes a sequel, not a series but a sequel. The book ends with a "Happy for Now" which is much different than a "Happily Ever After". I would love to see where this love story ends.
As far as the sex goes, it's done in a realistic fashion, it's not put in as a grab you kind of thing, but as a natural progression of their mutual attraction and yes, love for one another although neither character says those words at the time, but you will know that they are in love, there's never any doubt about that.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chasing Fire

CHASING FIRE, An I-Team/Colorado High Country Crossover Novel is out! When a raging wildfire threatens to burn Scarlet Springs to the gro...