Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Review of After All These Years by Mary J. Williams

After All These Years (One Pass Away, #2)After All These Years by Mary J. Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 stars
After All These Years by Mary J.Williams
Story told by our h-Riley and H- Sean.

This is my first time reading a book by author Mary J. Williams and I can honestly say that I was delighted! It's not that this was a gushy romance story, because it most certainly is not. I'm saying that I'm delighted because her book which is not in my normal genre of reading material hit every single marker in my personal list of reading criteria. I'm the kind of girl that Hides Out upstairs in the bathtub reading a book whenever a football game comes on TV. My family is (for a lack of a better word) a bunch a hooting and hollering idiots when their favorite team is on TV. So for me to give a Football Themed romance a 5 star rating, it's got to be good, really good! This story held my interest from the first page and I sat and read this story in a few hours. I even became irritated when I had to put down my kindle to make dinner, LOL!

The backstory on our two main characters is told to us in a manner that has us immediately understanding who they are and why they are the way they are. We're given a group of secondary characters that are also well fleshed out and add much depth to the story.

As in the description of the story- it is about First Love and Second

Chances. Ms. Williams gives us Riley, she's a young woman who in the beginning of the book has this huge crush on a football player. She does a lot of growing up in this book. She realizes that she needs to separate herself from situations and people that aren't good for her. Riley is a strong female lead character and Ms Williams has her becoming her own person away from the public eye so to speak.

Then there's Sean... Heaven help us all! He's the quintessential Manwhore whose good looks, charm and money have women falling into bed with him right and left. Being a always in the news, or so it seems. It's not so much of a story about Sean "growing up" as it is about his "maturing" and realizing that there's more to life than sleeping around.

There's danger and intrigue in this book, it was a true whodunnit and well, read the book to find out more. The game of Football is mor than just a sport, it truly IS a Serious Business and you will get that understanding from reading this book. It seems that many people have an agenda and it's surprising to see how far some will go.

Read this book! You'll love it!
Buy It! Read It! Review It! Share it with your Friends!
Follow me on Facebook - CaliforniaGirlinMA




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chasing Fire

CHASING FIRE, An I-Team/Colorado High Country Crossover Novel is out! When a raging wildfire threatens to burn Scarlet Springs to the gro...