Sunday, April 24, 2016

Being Honest in your Reviews

I broke some of my self imposed rules in writing my last review and I'm here to tell you why.

Honesty is the Best Policy and I feel that I need to give you my 100% Honest Opinion of this or any book. Readers need to be informed of both good and bad as in poorly written books subject matter aside, (subject matter is a personal thing and only you can decide what you like to read). Authors need to know that their book needs help in certain areas or if it's lacking in telling vital details that make a story seem more plausible.

If a book is running over with misspellings, wrong words used or devoid of entire conversations that make the book an editors nightmare, then I feel a responsibility to let the readers know. 

If there's a questionable or controversial scene that arises in said book, I feel a responsibility to let the reader know.

If there's any question that a book appears to rushed and characters not fleshed out, I feel a responsibility to let the readers know.

In no way did I attack or abuse this author. I never will do that, this is about the book and not the person who wrote it. My review is 100% honest and devoid of personal attacks, the way a review should be.

I want to like a book, I set out to read them with the soul purpose of enjoying them. But sometimes that is just not the way of it. Sometimes books are written poorly and lack vital editing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chasing Fire

CHASING FIRE, An I-Team/Colorado High Country Crossover Novel is out! When a raging wildfire threatens to burn Scarlet Springs to the gro...