Saturday, May 6, 2017

editorial by the blog owner

I value my time, as both a reader and a book blogger. Over the past year I've read a great number of books- most of which I've posted reviews for and maybe more than 100 in which I did not. Why not? Because I refuse to give credit to shoddy writing. I refuse to continue to read books written by authors who obviously hate women. Book after book of female lead characters that are written as brainless doormats, or nothing more sex-bots there to service their men, seriously, I want more than the hero of the book to come home and do nothing but shag his love interest 50 different ways until Sunday. I want a story! A real honest to goodness story, one that makes the sex meaning full and not there to fill a space or word count requirement. Authors who are going on the old adage that "Sex Sells" no longer make MY List. Do I like sex in a story? Yes, but quality writing of a story doesn't depend upon it. It doesn't matter to me if you're a USA Today or NYT Best Seller or a Brand New Indie Author- you either write a story that grabs me by the socks with your story or I'm done! That's the honest truth, I expect quality writing as should we all.

1 comment:

Chasing Fire

CHASING FIRE, An I-Team/Colorado High Country Crossover Novel is out! When a raging wildfire threatens to burn Scarlet Springs to the gro...